For the final leg of my Air Canada journey, I flew from Montreal to Los Angeles onboard a brand new Airbus A220 in business form. The new aircraft is quite impressive, but the service onboard was even more impressive.

In This Mail service:

Air Canada Airbus A220 Concern Class Review

My difference gate was correct below the Air Canada Maple Foliage lounge, allowing me to walk downstairs but moments earlier boarding began. The gate area was not crowded: it would be a low-cal load to LA this night.

Air Canada 783
Montreal (YUL) – Los Angeles (LAX)
Thursday, January xiii
Depart: 6:15PM
Arrive: 9:34PM
Elapsing: 06hr, 19min
Altitude: ii,474 miles
Aircraft: Airbus A220-300
Seat: 2A (Business Course)

Onboard, I was welcomed and found my seat in 2A. Usually I sit on the other side on flights to LAX so I can run across downtown Los Angeles on approach, merely I chose the other side because the entire side of the business course cabin was empty. Turned out there was a couple in the row in front of me, simply the motel went out less than one-half total.

Service

The star of the flight was Bianca, the flight bellboy pictured below. She served the business organization class cabin on this flight and I leadoff this review with her considering I think great service is truly what differentiates one flying or carrier from some other. She addressed passengers by proper noun, was circumspect, courteous, and simply mannerly. Existence nowadays is half the battle and Bianca made frequent rounds through the cabin to ensure that each rider was ever comfortable.

Being proactive is such an asset and Air Canada should take pride in the superb service that Bianca offered on this flight. I'd rate my service as splendid on the entire trip, but Bianca was specially first-class.

Seat

The Air Canada A220 seat is the aforementioned seat as the 737 MAX viii, which is the aforementioned as the premium economy seat on the 787-9 (in that location may be minor technical differences, but as a consumer I found them largely identical). Seat pitch is 37 inches, seat width is 21 inches, and a legrest is bachelor on each seat (a separate footrest too flips downwards from the seat in front in rows 2-4).

A armrest flips up to reveal a headphone jack, USB-A rapid charger, and a universal power outlet. There's also limited storage for personal items like a phone.

A small tabular array separates the two seats which is small, but big plenty for 2 drinks and nothing else.

The literature pocket can handle a laptop or tablet, merely information technology will intrude into your legroom. There'due south also a coat claw in each seat.

If you're seated in a window seat, the IFE box does impede some of your legroom.

Air nozzles are present and a blue flight attendant call push button is departed from the light switch, which makes a lot of sense considering the number of times I've accidentally pressed the phone call button when I intended to turn on the light.

In case y'all were wondering, economy class is bundled in a 2-3 configuration, reminding me of the MD-80:

In-Flight-Entertainment + Wi-Fi

Wireless internet was available for purchase and did office on this flight, at a cost of CA$xi.25 for a flight laissez passer, which I thought was a keen deal for a half dozen-hour flight.

Gratis headphones were distributed and the the modernistic IFE organisation, with 15-inch screen, offered a library of movies, TV shows, games, music, a moving map, and even a list of all the beverages available.

I liked that on Air Canada'south newer shipping, the IFE landing page is destination-specific. Here, diverse images of Los Angeles scrolled through:

There was also a city guide for LA bachelor, which was very well-done (great coffee and restaurant recommendations – this was clearly written past someone who is familiar with Los Angeles).

I started watching a fascinating High german pic chosen Nebenan (Next Door). Watching German movies helps my High german improve and this movie was particularly well-washed (about of information technology took place within a Berlin bar).

Food + Beverage

Dinner was served after takeoff, which inclued an appetizer, chief course, and dessert. Air Canada withal prints menu cards, but the carte du jour is also posted online well-nigh 48 hours earlier departure, a wonderful feature that I wish U.Southward. legacy airlines would also offer.

Meal service began with a bag of almonds and choice of beverage. I ordered white vino, which was passable but not corking (too sweet, even though it was a Riesling).

The appetizer was listed as a salad with Brussels sprout, pickled cauliflower, and tomatoes, all the same a simple mixed green salad was delivered (which I didn't mind…I actually adopt it).

Main course choices were between a chicken breast covered in moqueca-style sauce (onions, tomatoes, mixed peers, coconut milk) and served with mixed vegetables and potations or cheese tortellini in a flossy garlic tomato sauce. I dearest cheese tortellini and wasn't all that hungry, but thought I would attempt the Brazilian moqueca dish because I had never tried it before (on a plane or on the footing). Information technology was a skilful choice: I feared the kokosnoot milk would overpower it, but it did not. In fact, the love apple sauce was much stronger.

Too on the dinner tray was a warm bread roll and a slice of cheesecake. The carte du jour listed the dessert as huckleberry cheesecake, but I tasted no blueberries.

About an hour prior to landing, a snack was offered: a handbag of Miss Vickies potato chips and a Lindt chocolate bar.

Lavatory

I thought the lavatory was well-designed, with room to actually move around. The sink and counter were rectangular, with the drainage system hidden behind the wall. That left room for your feet under the faucet.

The locking mechanism was besides easier to slide than on older Airbus aircraft. An ashtray was as well present…simply in example, I suppose.

Flight Deck

Afterwards we landed in LA, Bianca (seeing that I had taken a lot of pictures during the flying) offered me the take chances the visit the flight deck. The helm and starting time officer were very kind and controls look quite modern (a lot more glass than physical switches and buttons).

Decision

I enjoyed my A220 flight in concern class on Air Canada business and would non hesitate to fly this aircraft again. The seat was comfy (I slept for well-nigh of the flight, after all), nutrient edible, IFE and internet functional, and most of all I enjoyed dandy service from Bianca and her colleagues.

My whirlwind trip on Air Canada, spanning iv flights, three hubs, and half-dozen lounges in simply over 24 hours, was over.


Read More of my O Air Canada – 1 Twenty-four hour period, Three Hubs, Iv Flights, Six Lounges Trip Written report:

  • Air Canada Maple Leafage Lounge Los Angeles (LAX)
  • Air Canada 737 MAX eight Economy Course Los Angeles – Vancouver
  • Air Canada's Genius Meal Service Concept
  • Transborder Transit Experience In Vancouver
  • Air Canada Domestic Maple Foliage Lounge Vancouver (YVR)
  • Air Canada 787-9 Premium Economy Course Vancouver – Toronto
  • Air Canada CafĂ© Toronto (YYZ)
  • Air Canada Domestic Maple Leaf Lounge Toronto (YYZ)
  • Air Canada A321 Business Form Toronto – Montreal
  • Air Canada Domestic Maple Leaf Lounge Montreal (YUL)
  • My Eerie Transborder Connection In Montreal
  • Air Canada Transborder Maple Leaf Lounge Montreal (YUL)
  • Air Canada A220 Business organisation Class Montreal – Los Angeles

P.S. I've largely given this upwardly (more than on that in a future post…) just I did terminate this trip as I historically have done, with a lovely Double-Double creature style with French Fries at In-N-Out.